1 bdl. of wood or 1 bag of charcoal
Food & drinks
5 Ltr. Water for cooking
• Any green top for work (shirt, blouse, golf shirt, t-shirt or vest).
• You are spending 2 nights in the park and basic camp- gear is required.
• You can bring any clothing you wish.”MAKANYANE VOLUNTEERS” requires during the actual work on Saturday a green top.
• A campfire is made on Saturday night and you can bring your own gas bottle to cook privately. If we are staying in a camp in the park no fires, other than the main campfire are allowed, because of the threat of fire spreading into the bush.
• Arrive Friday afternoon and relax.
• Saturday morning the wake-up call is quiet early, especially in summer, then you make your way to the work area.
• Saturday afternoon ---relax, enjoy the game viewing and make sure you back in camp by gate closing time.
• The rest of the weekend is up to you.
• Sunday - if we are not staying in MANYANE and we are in another camp you required to have left the camp by 2 pm.
• To get into the park you have to enter at “BOSELE BOOM”.
• The staff will give you a sign-in form to sign and you will get a Gate-Pass (MAKANYANE VOLUNTEER CARD) with a number on it. Make sure you get the card with the number according to the sign-in form. It will be your pass to go in and out at all the gates of the park for the weekend.
• Please return the card by 2 pm on Sunday to the “BOSELE BOOM” staff where you collected it on Friday.
• The fee for the weekend will be R 100.00p/p (Must be paid before the weekend of the work party)
• No children under 10 years are allowed.
We have poisonous snakes ---please bring sturdy shoes.
It is also advisable to have a tetanus injection when you work in the bush.
Cut off day for bookings to Work parties is always the Tuesday before the W/P weekend.